|ABOUT I.O.S.||THEORETICAL SECTION||JURISDICTIONS||LIST OF SERVICES||DUE DILIGENCE||PERMANENT COOPERATION|
|Sunday, 20 April 2014||SITE MAP|
|Australia – Limited Company (Pty.)|
- Australia is the only country in the world which occupies an entire continent. It is a federation which consists of six states and two territories. The official Head of State is the Queen of the United Kingdom, whose representative in Australia is the Governor-General.
- Australia is known worldwide as a highly developed country with a standard level of taxation and a high rating in international business circles. Australia does not have the reputation of a country with a privileged tax system, and therefore enjoys a good image with entrepreneurs and government bodies. Furthermore, it is not included in any "black list".
- The most common form of business entity in Australia is the Proprietory Company Limited by Shares (Pty. Ltd.).
|GENERAL INFORMATION||Total area - 7,692,024 sq km|
Population - 23,000,000
Location - click here to see the map of offshore jurisdictions
Political status - Federation
Capital - Canberra
Official language - English
Official currency - Australian Dollar (AUD)
Time zone - GMT +8 / GMT +10
|Company type||Proprietory Company Limited by shares (Pty Ltd.)|
|Directors/Officers||Australian Pty. companies require a minimum of 1 Director, who must be a natural person. At least one Director must be a resident of Australia, other Directors may be from any legal jurisdiction.|
Each Australian Pty. company must file a Register of its Directors with the Australian Securities & Investment Commission.
|Shareholders||Australian Pty. companies require a minimum of 1 shareholder, who may be a natural person or a corporate body from any legal jurisdiction.|
Each Australian Pty. company must file a Register of its shareholder/s with the Australian Securities & Investment Commission.
|Secretary||The legislation does not stipulate for Company Secretary to be appointed. However, no restrictions to appoint a Secretary on voluntary decision of the company.|
If appointed, a Secretary must be a resident of Australia.
|Authorised share capital||Standard authorised capital = AUD 1,000.|
Minimum capital, which must be paid on incorporation = 1 AUD.
|Company Names||The name of an Australian Pty. company must end with the words Proprietory Limited, or suffix "Pty. Ltd.".|
Company names containing restricted words such as "Bank", "Insurance", "Trust", "University" etc. will not be permitted unless an appropriate national operating licence has been obtained by the company.
|Beneficial Ownership information||Information with regard to ultimate beneficial ownership must be disclosed to the Registered Agent of a company and is held by the agent on a confidential basis.|
|Filing of Annual Return||There is no requirement to file an Annual Return.|
|Filing of Financial Statements||A Financial Statement must be submitted every year.|
|Corporate Taxation||Tax rate for Australian resident companies is 30%.|
|Tax Treaties||Australia has entered into Double Tax treaties with more than 40 countries.|
|Timeframe for incorporation||5/8 working days. A complete set of company documents can be delivered in 6/7 weeks.|
|Takeover of management & secretarial services for an existing Australia Proprietory Company Limited by shares||Possible, following verification of Beneficial Ownership and agreement with and discharge of liabilities to previous corporate service provider in Australia.|
|Description of incorporation documents||Click here for itemised description of company documents.|
|"Ready-made"("Shelf") companies||We are happy to register new Australian Pty. companies in accordance with client instructions.|
|Price of Australia Proprietory Company Limited by shares||USD 6,780, including incorporation costs, full domiciliary (Registered Agent/Office) costs, services of local and foreign directors, set of documents certified with Apostille, including General Power of Attorney.|
|Cost of annual support services||USD 4,380 per year, including full domiciliary (Registered Agent/Office) costs, annual Government Duty, services of local and foreign directors, General Power of Attorney for the current year.|
Also, there are additional fees for preparing of financial statement, depending on complicity of the statement.
- INTERNATIONAL OVERSEAS SERVICES has the following comments: -
- An Australian resident company is a prestigious instrument due to its taxable status and rare use in business practice. There are relatively high registration fees and costs for further maintenance of the company, which accounts for its rare use in business practice.
- An Australian Pty is a tax-paying company which is obliged to file financial statements and a tax report annually.